Advanced Conductor Technologies has opened a position for an engineer to assist in the development of CORC® cables and related technology for power transmission and high-field magnet applications. The continuous development of CORC® cable technology has been supported by 25 SBIR/STTR grants since 2012, and our growing commercial customer base requires an expansion of our company.
We are looking for an energetic engineer who will assist in the design, manufacturing and testing of hardware for high-current superconducting CORC® cables and wires for the next generation of accelerator magnets, compact fusion magnets, and power cables for naval applications. We are looking for a person who is willing to take on new challenges and learn new skills with the potential to become a key person working on the cutting edge of technology that includes extensive collaborations with key domestic and international agencies and large commercial companies.
The position comes with an extensive benefit package that includes 401(k), free platinum healthcare package, 11 federal holidays and 23 paid vacation days per year.
– BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
– Experience in the field of superconductivity or cryogenic engineering is regarded as beneficial, but not required
– Experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD software is required
– Fluent in English (written and spoken)
– U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is mandatory